Growing Young Cairnlea is a registered charity (SCIO), aiming to work in partnership with Scripture Union Scotland Associate Worker Scheme so that children and young people in Airdrie and its environs may hear the Good News of Jesus Christ and be inspired to follow him. The vision of the work is that in a number of settings and not least in schools the personal presence of the youth worker will have a significant impact.
- To develop and implement strategies for effective ministry in church and community amongst children and young people, to help them to explore the Bible and to grow in the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ. This will require both personal involvement and the coordination of work alongside others.
- To work with chaplaincy teams, school managements, Scripture Union Scotland and other volunteers from churches in Airdrie to develop and deliver an effective Christian schools work. This will include residential times away as well as ordinary timetabling.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The person appointed will have some experience of youth and schools’ ministry; and
- will have a passion for helping children and young people to know and follow Jesus Christ
- will be an effective communicator in various settings
- will have the ability to motivate others and inspire confidence
- will be both self-motivated and an adaptable team player
- Cairnlea Parish Church
- Location: Airdrie, North Lanarkshire
- Contract: Full time, 37.5 hours per week, fixed term for three years in the first instance
- Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Closing date: Monday 26 February 2024
To apply for this job please visit www.suscotland.org.uk.