Wellesley Parish Church of Scotland
To oversee the development of the Wellesley Centre and Café which offers social, recreational, educational and fellowship activities for the people of Methil.
As part of the mission of Wellesley Parish Church, one of our goals is to have far reaching outreach within our community. We have an exciting and ambitious project to provide space, resources and opportunities for all ages and abilities in our Parish through preventing and alleviating poverty, advancing community development by providing groups and activities needed to benefit the self esteem and wellbeing of all people who live here, providing opportunities for all ages and abilities, and organising social and friendship activities for all ages which will reduce isolation and loneliness.
Overseeing the day to day running of the Wellesley Centre, project funding, planning, monitoring and management
- Managing the running of the Centre, ensuring its cleanliness, health and safety, and availability to the community
- Working with the volunteer Admin Team to ensure availability of a staff member throughout the day
- Managing the team of volunteers in the Wellesley Café, and running the café, ordering stock, dealing with income/expenditure and developing the café’s provision
- Leading the team of volunteers who provide welcome duty, gardening and Janitor roles
- Liaison with the Church Property Convener regarding all property issues, and the Church Treasurer regarding all financial matters
- Promoting and developing the groups and activities in the Wellesley Centre
- Identification of appropriate funding sources and preparing and submitting comprehensive and coherent applications for funding for the work of the Wellesley Centre
- Raise the profile of the Wellesley Centre within the local community and with relevant partners and external organisations
- Manage and lead the Methil Gala Day based at the Wellesley Centre [in June each year]
Closing Date: Friday December 1st 2023
Interviews scheduled for: week beginning 11th December
To apply for this job please visit www.churchofscotland.org.uk.