Diocese of Derby
The Parish of Staveley and Barrow Hill is situated on the outskirts of Chesterfield, with a medieval Parish church in Staveley town and a daughter church in the village of Inkersall. Staveley is approximately half an hour from the Peak District National Park and is ideally situated for exploring neighbouring towns and cities. Proximity to the M1 and A1 affords good communication.
Since 1973 the Parish has been constituted as a Team Ministry now resourced by a Team Rector and Team Vicar.
We are seeking a prayerful priest who:
- has a heart for mission supporting the catholic tradition of the Parish under extended episcopal care whilst bringing fresh initiative, vitality and vision to both churches;
- can build fruitful relationships with a range of stakeholders including schools, the local council, ecumenical partners and other organisations to see God’s Kingdom come in an area where there is much need;
- can seek out and engage creatively with opportunities to show Christ’s love in different contexts, including significant areas of new housing;
- will work collaboratively with the existing Team Vicar, Wardens and PCC resourcing the whole people of God for mission and ministry;
- is at ease with a down-to-earth north midlands community, especially with new families whom we would like to welcome into the church;
- will bring a calm good humour to share the joys and sorrows of ordinary people.
The Rectory is a large modern 4-bedroomed house situated in the grounds of Staveley Hall, adjacent to the parish church.
Staveley and Barrow Hill is a parish of the Society of St Wilfred and St Hilda and has passed a resolution under the House of Bishops’ Declaration. The parish is under the extended episcopal care of the Bishop of Oswestry.
Closing date for applications: Noon, 12th January 2024
Interview date: 31st January, 2024
To apply for this job please visit derby.anglican.org.