Church in Wales
The post will primarily cover the dioceses of St Davids and Swansea & Brecon. The role requires significant travel and own transport is therefore essential. Travel expenses will be paid. There is some limited requirement to travel to the main office at Cardiff or any part of Wales, when the need arises.
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced person to join our Provincial Safeguarding Team. The Representative Body of the Church in Wales is the base for a wide range of activities that support the Church’s mission and ministry. The Safeguarding Training and Engagement Officer will work within the Provincial Safeguarding Team to make a significant contribution to safeguarding within the Church in Wales by adopting a process of education, guidance, and support to local ministry areas. The post holder will also assist in the development of appropriate training.
- Experience and aptitude in delivering training with an understanding of how adults learn.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships and maintain contacts with a range of internal and external people and organisations
- Able to influence good practice in those for whom you have no direct line management responsibilities including volunteers.
- Experience of multi-agency and multi-disciplinary safeguarding, including with statutory sector partners.
- A good working knowledge of legislation and guidance relevant to safeguarding in Wales, including the Wales Safeguarding Procedures (2019).
- Ability to work independently and flexibly, including significant travel within Wales, and evening/weekend working.
- Excellent presentational and organisational skills.
- The ability to exercise total confidentiality.
- An empathy with the mission and ministry of the Church in Wales.
Closing date 08 December 2023 @ 10.00 am
Interview date 20 December 2023 in person in Cardiff
To apply for this job please visit www.churchinwales.org.uk.