Diocese of Norwich
The Long Stratton and Tharston benefice is looking for a new Rector.
- A rare opportunity to lead a compact benefice of 3 parishes (reduced from 8 parishes) in recognition of the huge mission opportunities
- Enormous opportunities to develop new ministries in this rapidly expanding community.
- Three local schools, and a combination of good local amenities and transport links along with access to nearby open countryside make this a desirable place to live.
As a new group of parishes working together for the first time at a time of significant
change, both in the church and in the community, this post offers an exciting challenge to a
person with vision, energy and enthusiasm. You will have an opportunity to start new
aspects of ministry and engage with the local community to share the Gospel of Christ and
to serve and influence this growing community.
We are looking for a person who
- loves engaging with people and building up relationships
- will relish being visible in the local community and taking part in local events
- will teach and preach in a modern and relevant way
- has pioneering ideas and enthusiasm to inspire others to make the vision a reality.
Closing date: 12:00 pm Thursday 29 February 2024
Interviews: Thursday 21 March 2024
To apply for this job please visit www.dioceseofnorwich.org.