Catholic Diocese of Nottingham
We are looking to recruit a skilled, enthusiastic, and creative writer and communicator who can effectively convey and promote the message of the Church throughout the Diocese, highlighting the works of Parishes and Curia (central services) in bringing people closer to God and revealing His love for all.
The Diocese of Nottingham aims to enable people to encounter Jesus Christ and grow as His disciples, sharing his love and his message with others. To fulfil this vision the Diocesan Curia seeks to help its parishes grow as welcoming and vibrant Catholic communities, increasingly focused on mission, outward-facing and valued in their local neighbourhoods and by the wider world.
The Outreach and Communications Assistant plays a crucial role in fostering this more mission-minded Church at both diocesan and local levels by:
· Communicating actively, attractively and to a high standard.
· Promoting widespread participation in, and a fuller appreciation of, the Church’s mission and its implementation through social responsibility and evangelisation.
· Supporting clergy, parish staff, and volunteers in accessing information, guidance, and communication tools that enable them to build thriving parishes.
· Publicising activities overseen by the Mission Enabling Team, which guides and co-ordinates the diocese’s mission and outreach priorities.
· Providing support, advice, templates and training to enable colleagues across the Curia and Parishes to develop their own digital and graphic communications.
The role provides practical support to fulfil these objectives, working with:
· the Outreach Department, especially through Caritas, which focuses on social action and outreach, and support for pastoral care. (3 days a week)
· the Communications Department on behalf of other Curial departments, particularly Adult Formation, Music, Vocations and Safeguarding. (2 days a week)
Closing Date: December 11, 2023 11:55 PM
Interview Dates: Early January 2024
To apply for this job please visit www.dioceseofnottingham.uk.