Diocese of Durham
Durham Diocese is looking to appoint experienced parish priests to be Interim Change Ministers.
The posts are funded for a minimum of 7 years. They will work as agents of change in parishes, equipping and enabling PCCs and congregations to deal with barriers to growth and change. This will include enabling the parishes to:
- come to terms with the past, lose old fears, find new hopes;
- consider future witness, mission and ministry;
- reassess resources, needs and priorities;
- see where and how change is needed, and work through inevitable transitions; and
- make plans for the future and prepare for the next chapter of life
The successful candidates will be employed by the DDBF, and act as SSM Priest in Charge of the parishes where they are placed, fulfilling all usual duties, and ensuring a good platform is built for the arrival of new ministers, where appropriate.
The salary grade will be 6.3 (£42,394) – the successful candidates will not be expected to move house between postings and will live in their own accommodation. They will be eligible to remain in the clergy pension scheme.
Durham Diocesan Board of Finance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of others and expects all staff to share in this commitment.
Closing Date: 4 March 2024
Interviews: 27 March 2024
To apply for this job please visit www.durhamdiocese.org.