Diocese of Lichfield
This post will be initially as Team Vicar in the Leek and Meerbrook Team, with responsibility for All Saints’ church and Curate-in-charge of St Edward’s Cheddleton, to become Team Vicar of both when reorganisation is completed.
Could you be the person to:
- Nurture the growing relationship between the parishes?
- Help communicate the Christian faith in an appealing and inspirational way?
- Develop the liturgical and choral tradition of both churches whilst developing more informal worship styles to connect with other segments of the community?
- Lead us into growth in discipleship, diversity and numbers?
- Build on our strong relationships with our church schools, helping us to reach out to families and community groups?
We are looking for someone who:
- Will have a lively personal faith and clear vision for connecting the gospel with people’s daily lives.
- Will lead the churches in growth in discipleship, diversity and numbers.
- Will be flexible and innovative and able to lead congregations in reaching out to families and community groups.
- Will strengthen partnerships with other local churches in the deanery.
- Will be a team player who and able to recognise and build upon the gifts of the laity.
About the Diocese
Lichfield Diocese is one of the most diverse dioceses in the country. Rolling countryside and vibrant inner-city life nestle together in a region that takes in Staffordshire, the Potteries of Stoke-on-Trent, most of Shropshire and bustling Black Country centres including Walsall and Wolverhampton. The only thing we don’t have is the sea!
Our shared diocesan vision extends an invitation to all to “Come follow Christ in the footsteps of St Chad”.
As we follow Christ in the footsteps of St Chad, we pray that the two million people in our diocese encounter a church that is confident in the gospel, knows and loves its communities, and is excited to find God at work already in the world. We pray for a church that reflects the richness and variety of those communities and partners with others in seeking the common good, working for justice as a people of hope.
Further information about the Diocese is available at https://www.lichfield.anglican.org/
Enquiries: Bishop of Stafford
All applicants should normally have 3 years’ experience in the Church of England or other Anglican church in the British Isles.
Closing date: 29th February 2024
Interviews: 18th March 2024
To apply for this job please visit pathways.churchofengland.org.