Diocese of Guildford
The Gathering Team Lead will manage a team developing and delivering high-quality training and worship events around the diocese and will oversee the creation of effective digital discipleship and evangelism pathways for young people.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and develop the ministry of the Gathering Team, line managing the work of the Worship Leader, Production Technician, and Social Media Partner
- Manage the Gathering Team budgets and resources
- Design, develop and deliver high-quality worship training and events that establish and deepen the faith of young people.
- Work with youth leaders across the diocese
- Oversee the development of effective digital discipleship and evangelism resources that can be released through social media.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in missional youth ministry and working in a secondary school setting.
- Have the ability to host gatherings of young people and deliver Christian teaching.
- Experience of managing a team
- Have a broad awareness of trends in youth culture.
- Good understanding of safeguarding practices.
- Be a source of expertise on youth ministry, keeping up to date with the latest research and best practices.
The successful candidate will need to hold a full UK driving licence and have their own vehicle as this position will require some travel around the diocese from time to time.
Benefits of the role include:
- Competitive salary within the Charity Sector
- Hybrid working
- A 15% non-contributory pension/life assurance provision
- 25 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays
- An employee assistance programme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Attractive open-plan office and surroundings at Church House Guildford with free parking
Contract: Full time, permanent
Salary: 40,690 – 44,280 GBP with option for clergy applicants to be given a stipend plus housing allowance up to the same value
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed covering letter, along with your CV, outlining how you meet the essential and desirable criteria in the person specification as detailed in the job description. Applications without a cover letter cannot be considered. Applications should be submitted through the following link: Job Openings (peoplehr.net)
For more information, please find the full job description below. If you would like further information, please contact email@example.com.
This role carries an occupational requirement to be a practising Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
The Diocese of Guildford take our responsibility for the safeguarding of children and adults seriously. Our recruitment processes reflect this commitment.
The Diocese of Guildford encourages UK Minority Ethnic/Global Majority Heritage applicants for all roles to ensure that we reflect the racial diversity of the community we are part of.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.