Location: Can be located in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Avon, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall, Hampshire, IOW
Working hours: Minimum 35 hours in a week. In addition, you will be part of an on-call rota which will involve occasional weekend and evening work.
Interview date: To be confirmed
The Salvation Army is looking for a Communications Officer to cover an area spanning from Bedfordshire to the north, Isle of Wight to the south and Cornwall to the west – as well as the Channel Isles.
From providing support to people who are homelessness and living with addiction, to offering debt advice and help for struggling families, few people know how we help thousands of vulnerable people every year. We want you to change that.
- Work with our service leaders and local corps (churches) across the region to promote our work within local communities, identifying and developing the real life stories of the people who use our services, and planning for big events such as The Salvation Army’s annual Christmas present appeal, volunteer week or Employability Day.
- Support the PR & Communications managers and colleagues to deliver and implement external communication plans and insightful evaluation.
- Deliver news stories and coverage in significant regional and local media – print, broadcast and digital – through proactive and reactive media activity.
- Support the national media team in the roll out of campaigns.
- Develop, creative and engaging multi-platform content for external communications including social media channels.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven media relations expertise demonstrated by securing extensive coverage
- Experience of working with digital channels/social media.
- Clear understanding of brand and reputation management
Salary:£29,588 Per Annum
Closing Date:Sunday, 10 Dec 2023
To apply for this job please visit careers.salvationarmy.org.uk.