Diocese of Oxford
St Nicolas Church is a lively, growing, town centre church with a congregation of around 400 adults and children. We are excited by and committed to our vision of ‘Good news for Newbury’. We believe God calls us to be good news and to bring good news in everything we do.
St Mary’s Church is a thriving church known for its warm welcome with a congregation of around 90 adults. We have recently produced a new Mission Action Plan and are excited about how God is calling us to grow.
Together we are a relatively new Benefice, discovering opportunities to work together.
We are looking for an Associate Rector who is:
- evangelical in theology and able to commit fully to the vision of St Nic’s and St Mary’s
- passionate about making disciples of Jesus Christ
- a gifted preacher, able to communicate the gospel clearly and creatively
- able to build, lead and work collaboratively within teams
- ready for an exciting new challenge in a significant leadership role
The Associate Rector will work closely with the Rector and other senior leaders in the Benefice, as well as having specific leadership responsibilities according to their gifts and passions.
Closing date: Thursday 30 January 2019
Interviews: Friday 15 February 2019
Further details and application from www.oxford.anglican.org/category/vacancies/
The Bishop of Reading’s office, Bishop’s House, Tidmarsh Lane, Tidmarsh, Reading, RG8 8HA
Telephone: 0118 9841216
Enhanced DBS disclosure is required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org