St Thomas' Church, Edinburgh
St Thomas’ Episcopal Church, Edinburgh, seeks a new full-time Young People’s Pastoral Worker, to build on the ministry of our current worker who leaves us in the summer.
St Thomas’ serves communities in the west of Edinburgh and is a lively evangelical congregation with much potential for growth. We are committed to serving the young people in our congregation and to reaching out with the good news of Jesus to the many young people who live in our community.
For a flavour of St Thomas’, please look at our website – www.saintthomas.org.uk
- To oversee and support current programmes for young people in the Church.
- To develop our involvement in the local primary and secondary schools (chaplaincy in the local high school, and leading Scripture Union groups in two local schools).
- To lead and support a team of volunteer young people’s leaders.
- To develop the children’s and young people’s work in the Church.
- To lead all age services under the guidance of the minister.
- To promote and lead in children’s and family outreach events (holiday clubs and other community events).
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of church based youth ministry
- Experience of secular youth work involvement
- Experience of reaching out to young people between the ages of 0-18
- Leadership, organisational and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow as part of a team
Closing Date for applications is Saturday 31 March 2018
For more details and an application pack, please contact the Rev David McCarthy at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org