Diocese of Oxford
Our Sherington, Chicheley, Astwood and North Crawley (SCAN) Country Parish with 3 Churches seeks a Priest-in-Charge (1/2 post, 3 days plus Sundays)
‘Our vision is to be a growing church, which, by God’s grace, serves the whole community’
We are praying for a priest who will help encourage and lead us in our vision, and believe that God will provide someone with the gifts required, including the ability to:
- Lead pioneering mission across SCAN Parish, focussing on ministry to all ages.
- Lead and share a broad range of acts of worship. Enjoy and embrace the life of the parish by developing and deepening the relationship between church and community.
- Be flexible, imaginative and capable of challenging our thinking, whilst being sensitive to established local traditions.
- Build on the strong existing lay participation in ministry.
- An exciting opportunity to minister in our beautiful villages
- An active ministry team, including the ministers and laity
- Administrative support
- Encouragement to maintain a sustainable ministry
- Prayerful, active and supporting congregations
- Modern five-bedroom house, with large garden
To arrange an informal visit, please contact: Mrs Judith Duncombe; email@example.com
or from The Bishop of Buckingham’s Office, Sheridan, Grimms Hill, Great Missenden, Bucks, HP16 9BG Tel: 01494 862173 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8 May 2017
Interviews: 25 May 2017
Appointment subject to DBS enhanced check