Diocese of Birmingham
All Saints, Small Heath
The Bishop and Patronage Board are looking to make a creative new appointment to this parish under the care of the Bishop of Ebbsfleet. This new role combines being parish priest to this historic catholic parish in urban Birmingham with joining the team of the Director of Interfaith Relations, Canon Dr Andrew Smith. In both parts of the role particular priorities will be shaped around the gifts of the individual appointed.
The parish are praying for a priest who will:
- Prayerfully and practically live out the gospel
- Preach in ways accessible to a diverse congregation and context
- Nourish the traditional Anglo-Catholic ministry
The diocesan role (1 day/week) will include:
- Growing interfaith capacity amongst Catholic parishes
- Supporting and growing work amongst all Presence and Engagement Parishes
- Developing catholic theology, spirituality and practice to inform and enhance interfaith engagement.
Interviews: 27/28 June.
Full details and information from Ben Franks.
Interested candidates are welcome to contact the Archdeacon of Aston, Ven Simon Heathfield, for further conversation on 07769 187435 or SimonH@cofebirmingham.com, or the Bishop of Ebbsfleet via his office, 0118 948 1038.
Ethnic minorities are underrepresented in C of E Birmingham, so Black and Minority Ethnic applicants are particularly welcome.
- Deadline: 9 June 2017